Friday, January 15, 2016

Last day

It's been a crazy day. We woke up at 545 and have not stopped. I had a call at 630 with leslie, then packing, taking the girls to school at 8, then picking up Tyson at Home Depot, then driving to Boulder for refactor U. 

After we drove back picked up tysons Carr and had lunch. Then I picked up the girls and we went home. I started throwing as much away and packing our last items. I was able to clean out all our boxes by posting them for free on craigslist. Then back to more packing and throwing away. Tyson got home at 5 and we drove to pick up the moving truck.

We got home at 630 and both girls were out so we put them to bed. Then we took off the TV, carpet, and basically packed up any last minute things. I cleaned out the fridge, took my last shower and put one final load of laundry in. 

It's bittersweet to have this time end. Next month would have marked 6 years of living at a facility. Part of me can't believe it's been that long and just how blessed we were to be here. We both both of our babies to these places. They allowed me to sustain us during Primerica, have both babies without any worry of money, work part time, stay home for 18 months and ultimately start my VA business. This apartments allowed that to happen. 

I always felt like life was much less complicated here. It was hard earning so little but it allowed me to explore minimalism and that has changed me profoundly. I am such a different person in terms of material things. I hope I can maintain that with our new green house. 

I took a long shower - I loved the shower here. Always hot and hard pressure. It was amazing. 

I looked around one last time at our big kitchen and bathroom. I remember being so awe struck by this apartment when we moved in. 

But with all the good came the bad and as my much as I will miss the free everything I know it's time for us to move on. Time for Tyson to excel, time for a real neighborhood, a school and doing more. I will always remember this house and be so eternally grateful for our time here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment