Thursday, December 31, 2015

The End Of 2015 + New Years Eve

It's 6:30 am. I'm upstairs in my bedroom in the rocking chair. The girls were up coughing since 5:30. I was in bed at 730 pm last night because of 5 days of accumulated bad sleep plus starting my period - so yeah overall pretty crappy sleep all around. 

Since my parents are visiting both girls are in my room. Tyson is exhausted too. We both go up and gave the girls water, cough medicine, holding hands ... man this parenting thing is tough on you. 

Since I was already up I got up and got work done so I can enjoy the morning. I'll work again in the afternoon. I'll let the girls not nap today and put them down early hopefully. 

So today is the last day of 2015. Man! This year has flown by and when looking back the single word that comes to mind is "house" or green house as the girls call it. 

This entire year has been about the house. First finding the house, then closing the house and finally renovating the house. What was suppose to take 3 months has now formed into 10 months. What should have cost 20k, turned out to be 40k.

I keep telling everyone that "we will never do this again" and I mean that. This scale of  renovation has been so hard on our family and marriage and finances. We have been uberly BLESSED through it all. From people helping, letting us borrow tools, finding stuff on sale, being able to sell stuff on craigslist .. etc. But my heart is heavy and my soul is tired of our family not being able to be together. Tyson's back has been hurting, the girls have been dragged to Home Depot a bizzilion times. I'm so glad its almost over. 

Still the house was the BIG one but other sizeable events happened.

2nd year of seminary
My business really growing
The girls thriving at school
Tyson getting a bonus and winning awards
traveling to Utah
Selling everything we could on craigslist to help offset the house cost
Getting awesome new neighbors. 
Me starting Primary presidency

I feel like this year my backbone had grown a lot. I feel like I've learned to bite my tongue more and learned to be more adult about hard situations. My heart is calling for rest and more walks and more active simple things. I am so excited for the summer and my bike and riding and testing out my "1 car" theory. 

I am so grateful to spend today surrounded by my family and seeing the progress we made. I'm grateful the girls are older and potty trained and can talk to me. I'm grateful that I have turned to the Lord and had Him soften my heart. I'm grateful for my clients. I'm grateful for my health and my desire to be active. i'm not sure what we will do tonight - honestly sleep is all I want, but tomorrow will be a new year and I am grateful we are together to experience it. 

*** Update - for new years eve we stayed at home. At 8 pm Tyson did a "fake" countdown with the girls. We got a funny 3 minute King Julian countdown. Each girl had a pot and pan and when we "struck" midnight, we had a dance party and said Happy New Year. the girls were in bed at 8:30 and Tyson fell sleep with them. I was in bed at 9:30 pm and my parents made it until 10:30 pm - so not a super rocking New  Years Eve but it was so fun to spend it with them. Hopefully next year it will be a little bit more active ***

No comments:

Post a Comment