Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day 2015




We had a wonderful and low key mothers day. Thanks to Denver's crazy weather, we woke up to 3 inches of fresh snow. The last three weeks have been nothing but rain - which is awesome for our lawn but we have stayed inside most of the time. Last night I took the girls over at 5 pm and watched the Cheney girls. I was home by 9 pm and it had been snowing for an hour by then.

Tyson let me sleep in and I got up at 745 and did my hair. I could hear him and the girls downstairs. I came down and we ate Tyson's amazing waffles. We had fresh strawberries and real whipped cream - which the girls LOVED! 

We quickly go ready for church but still go there late. We were hoping to get there in time for me to stand up as they called me to be the primary secretary but we barely missed it. Church was good - the sacrament talks were actually really heart warming but not too mushy. 

After sacrament I went to primary for my first big day of training. I learned about the rolls, assignments, calendars, knocking on doors - it was a lot but Kris is going to be here several more weeks and will help me. 

After church the girls took a nap and I got to watch the show I wanted - Grey's Anatomy. After we had chicken lime tacos - sooo yummy. We just relaxed the rest of the day. I really wanted to go on a walk but by 4 pm the wind had picked up and Tyson said it was too cold. We talked to Debbie and made  cute video for her. I got to Facetime with my mom too. I even took a bath! Wow!

Mother's day is such a weird day for me. Money is tight so it's not like it's a big day and I'm the one who plans all the meals - I really wanted something sweet but had nothing and we don't shop on Sunday's. Part of me started feeling a little sad - but I quickly prayed and realized that today is another day for Tyson and I to show our appreciation for each other. It's really just a day for me to remember how much I depend on him and vise versa. 

I think about the many mother's in my life - most of which have been girls my age. I think of Melynda, my mom, my abuelita, Debbie  all women who have really taught me by action vs telling me. Maybe that' show I learn. I know my girls won't always look to me for everything but I hope that they turn to other strong women and learn from them - see their points of views and learn from their experiences. 

I'm thankful for Mother's day but I'm mostly thankful that when I wake up tomorrow I will still have an amazing partner by my side and the love of so many other around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment