Sunday, March 29, 2015

Demolition Day

So Saturday, March 28th we had our DEMOLITION PARTY. It was such a success! From 9 am 4 pm we had about 20 people show up to help it. It was amazing! The ward members came and help filled up our 30 yard trash dumpster. 

I had my girls and the Ellis girls and we played in the park for 3 hours. It was pretty exhausting but the girls did great. We even walked to the Libberts house for a potty break. 

When we came back we had the pizza delivered - by a special angel who paid for it all. BLESSINGS! We then started on the pond and then we found the snakes! 8 to be exact. The girls were all screaming and everyone was laughing. It was really fun. I took the girls home for naps from 1-3 and came back. I worked on the yard and taking out all the rocks that we wanted out. 

We finally left the house at 530. We came home, I showered and watched the Women's Conference on the TV. 

We were SOOO tired but felt so good. We had so many blessings with this house. People showed up, helped, gave us old tools - it was just such a blessing. We have felt like the Lord has helped us and guide us so much. 

Since Saturday (today is 7 days since we closed) we have started our furnace, took down the walls, bought tile, and got plans for our bathroom downstairs. I can't pathom how much we accomplished in 4 days. Tyson worked 12 hours a day during the time off. Now he is getting up early, going to the house before work, then going after work and working until 10 pm. 

It's been hard. It's been hard to be a "single mom" and even thought I know it's just for short time - I am learning so much and have been humbled. I am SO thankful for Tyson and all that he does when our life is more normal. 

Our goal is to be done by July 1st. I don't know if that is doable but we will work on it until it's done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment